Forward IP address and reverse IP address Lookup are acts which happen behind the computing curtains. In layman world the exchange happens behind the scene and without our knowledge however, we can have the meaning of both names. In the networking world this basically the conversion of IP addresses to internet domain names where the computer can change the simple words we know to the computer language we can never understand.
- Forward IP address lookup: Here the domain name is changed to IP address.
- Reverse IP address lookup: The vise verse happens where the IP address lookup will convert the IP address to domain name.
Both of this process are done by the computers or devices without our concern. we operate the computers by sending emails and using website pages. By this the computer will change the website links to numbers where it will search and give the results inform of words we can understand 192.168.l.l or 192.168.1.1 Default IP for Changing Jiofi Modem Settings
What is IP address?
We can say it’s a unique number which is recognized by the computing devices. The number is assigned to each device as un identity. We have two types of IP address IPv4 address which is 32-bits and hosts 4billion numbers. We have a new and recent version which hold more address. IPv6 hosts billions and billions of IP address. Mostly used for public or outdoor uses like offices, institutions etc.
What are the services offered by the lookup services?
Taking the public IP address, they work with both forward IP address lookup and reversed IP address lookup. IP services solely depend on DNS lookup services DNS means domain name system. private IP address work different from public as they use internal name for the servers. This gives different functionality from the public DNS servers.
What are the uses of the reversed DNS and Reverse IP address?
- DNS is used in troubleshooting: we have various tools used in this process like the traceroute, ping and many more.
- It checks for the domains names, whether they resemble from the dialup applicant.
- Helps in logging and monitoring tools to get entries of IP address from the right and specified devices.
- Testing: If one is attacking a host, first you identify the attacker. Get to learn their surface and then get the applications to use. All this uses skills like enumerate and then penetration. This means reversed IP lookup will help you learn the weak points
- Identification: Reversed IP lookup will help you identify any error on your computer device. it learns the host name of the bug/attacker interrupting the system. All details will be given helping in investigation.
- Reputation: Most of the host website don’t have good name for themselves. It has shown poor delivery of information thus affecting search engines and the whole system. reversed IP address will track such sites and give full details of the website. It gives search tools and discovers fake sites.
Enough said and done, we note that forward IP address and reversed IP address lookup are used interchangeably. Meaning the opposite of the other.