These days along with GDP India has been experiencing difficulty with quite a huge range of power cuts in some states due to lack of proper electricity management and of course there are many reasons. Modern days, imagine you are a bit drowsy, fed up with various issues, at the end of the day all that is needed is a glass of drink alongside watching TV or working with your PC provided blow of cool breeze through an air conditioner. But (so) in all the cases to experience bliss some kind of power is required, technically it is termed as Electricity. So when ever and where ever in such a highly sophisticated planet everything is being driven by electricity.
To eat, to drink, to sleep, to work the list is huge in fact, each and every aspect of human walk is associated with energy or power which is majorly electricity though it is generated through various means still there is a huge gap between demand and supply, obviously cost per unit is always a major issue. To meet the demands number of innovations has been moving on the screen.
Day by day new technologies has been coming up in this arena. So what is essential requirement as of now is awareness among public to conserve or to save electricity. By saving electricity money can be saved and also helps with the rising power cuts, as the country needs to cut energy use by 10% for the current system to cope. As well as it also give you a warm fuzzy feeling, as you will be doing your bit to conserve natural resources and hence reducing the impact energy consumption has on the environment, slowing down global warming.
Guidance on How to Save Electricity
There are many ways of generating electricity as there are as many needs indeed. So why to miss use or waste such valuable units of electricity .every single unit is precious in truth. So there is a great need to save electricity .All of these electricity saving tips cost hardly any paisa to implement and may seem obvious but from experience most people ignore them and waste electricity and money unnecessarily. Here are some simple means of power saving techniques generally applicable in day to day happenings of our life. I like to present some decent ways to save electricity in the areas which its usage is notable.
In the Kitchen
- Always use a kettle to boil water for cooking as it is quicker and uses less energy than a pot on the hob.
- Don’t open the oven door while you cook.
- Always put a full load of stuff in the washing machine.
- If you have a stove with heavy solid plates that retain heat, switch off the plate a few minutes before removing the pot.
- Care should be taken that fridge door is not kept opened for very long time.
- Use a microwave to cook as it is quicker and cheaper.
- Every time you switch on your dishwasher, it’s the same as switching on 120 CFL energy-saving light bulbs. Wait until the dishwasher is full before you switch it on.
- Clothes should never be placed in the tumble dryer while they are still dripping with water, so ensure to remove excess water.
The Swimming Pool
- It’s better to consider Solar Water Heating Panels and Heat pumps.
- The swimming pool filter pump is one of the largest consumers of electricity. Better try to use the pump only when necessary.
- Switch the TV off when not in use, leaving it on standby mode uses up to 50% of the power the TV would use if it was actually on, the same goes for the Hi-Fi’s and computers.
- Turn off the lights that you don’t need on and use lighter lampshades as they will make the most of the energy.
- Fit lower wattage bulbs wherever possible and avoid leaving spot lights on for too long, as they use more electricity.
- In most homes, lighting accounts for around 17% – 20% of the electricity bill. A considerable amount of electricity can be saved by replacing your conventional tungsten bulbs with compact-florescent lamps (CFLs). They are more expensive, but CFLs last 8 times longer.
- Fit low-flow shower heads, this will not only save water, but electricity too.
- A geyser blanket will insulate your geyser not allowing the heat to escape. To save even further, insulate the water pipes and turn the geyser’s thermostat down to 60°C.
- Shower instead of running a bath, as a shower uses much less water and therefore, less hot water and less electricity.
Hope you got all the necessary information to Save electricity and the very next step is to implement it there by creating benefit to self and global environment.